Friday, February 19, 2016

“Keep your damn pine tree out of my cocktail.”


I was hesitant. However, not anymore.

So, the day at work was frustrating. There were many points where I wanted to through my arms up and say, "I'm out." We all have those days.

Luckily, my drive home is great meditation time, when I turn of the radio and just breathe.

Knowing I needed a cocktail, knowing I don't have to be awake early in the morning, I was ready to mix up a bit of tasty happiness.

I reached for the lone pineapple juice can I have been saving and the small Ciroc Pinapple Vodka in my party stash.

I thought to myself, 'Self, this may not be enough.'

I ran my finger across the Mixer Bottle Shelf - yes, I have a shelf. There it sat. The last unopened bottle from my Mantry Craft Cocktails at Home Crate. I saved it because quite frankly, it scared me. Siberian Fir. Really? Siberian Fir? Not exactly what I thought I wanted. Continuing to read, it stated organic lemon, Siberian fir and sweet orange. I said, "Yes, please." I cracked open a bottle of White Whale's Your Older Brother Vodka Mixer.

Here is my Older Pineapple

2 parts Ciroc Pineapple Vodka
2 parts pineapple juice
1 part Your Older Brother Vodka Mixer
Fresh squeeze of lemon
Lemon Wedge garnish




It was perfect.



It was the perfect addition. Even when I ran out pineapple juice and added a non flavored vodka. You will not disappointed in the Siberian Fir taste.

Talk about bold. Bold but not over powering. Just enough.

2 parts vodka
2 parts Your Older Brother Vodka Mixer
Fresh squeeze of lemon

Here's to good days, and the bad days that make the good days great.

Cheers,
drea

No comments:

Post a Comment