Sunday, June 5, 2016

Crushing on the Watermelon


When walking in Market Square in San Antonio, Texas, vendors are selling agua frescas. Just fresh blended fruit as a drink. Now these vendors can be found in many, many locations, but the fruit tastes sweeter in SATX. This is my ode to summer in SA.

Here is the Watermelon Crush.

In a blender or mixing glass, add:
1 cup of watermelon
2 oz of Grey Goose Vodka
1 oz of Midori

Blend until no more chunks. Some will suggest to double strain over ice however, I don't bother.
You can top off with ginger ale or lemon-lime soda, but taste first. Sometimes your watermelon will be sweet enough. Garnish with a lime wheel. Enjoy.

Tip: So once I started sipping, I realized I wanted a bit of spice. I had been drinking through a straw, but I shook a little Tajin in the top edge. Drinking with the Tajin tingle on my lip made this drink even better!

What a terrific day for a drink this refreshing!

cheers,
andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment