Monday, December 5, 2016

25 Days of Cocktails | Day 5: The Magarian


Carson Kitchen in Downtown Las Vegas is easily my favorite restaurant, for the last year. On December 5, 2015, wanting to celebrate Repeal Day, I asked the bartender for a drink. Even though I didn't like gin, she assured me, I would enjoy this drink. She was not wrong.

I have recreated the drink on many occasions, and encourage you to try variations to suit your tastes.

I give you, my recreation of, The Magarian

Over ice
2 oz Aviation Gin
1 oz Thyme & Honey Syrup (steep a few sprigs of thyme in water, remove from heat; stir in honey until a syrup is achieved)
1/2 oz fresh lemon juice, or to taste
Top off with Mr. Q Cumber soda
Garnish with a cucumber slice and a sprig of thyme

 
Happy Repeal Day!
cheers,
andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment