Sunday, December 4, 2016

25 Days of Cocktails | Day 4: Andrea's White Russian


Once a year, a local downtown favorite opens for brunch. There is always a wait, you will always see friends and the food is always amazing. Today was that day.

After stuffing my face with an Herb Goat Cheese omelet,  I met up with a few more friends to sample and buy wine at another local favorite. I found the perfect champagne for New Years Eve and my friend found the perfect, 'I am having foot surgery so I will be bed ridden for a month' wine. If you can't find me, I will be sitting in her room with my feet up too!

Walking back to my loft, full and happy, I needed one more thing. Cookies. Oreo Thins to be exact. As soon as I hit the door, three crispy wafer cookies made it into my mouth. Needing to wash the delightful chocolate taste down, I knew exactly what I had to do.

I give you, Andrea's White Russian:

1 1/2 oz Smirnoff Cinna-Sugar Twist Vodka
1 1/2 oz Kahlua
4 oz Almond Milk
2 oz Cream Soda

Place a small handful of ice cubes in a blending glass. Add vodka, then Kahlua, almond milk and finally cream soda. Blend, I use a stick blender, until satisfied and pour into your favorite glass. Top with a few dashes of cinnamon. Drink up!

It really was the perfect cap to my day, even though it is only 3 pm! I Think I'm going to grab a few more cookies!

cheers,
andrea

No comments:

Post a Comment